ALMATY, KAZAKHSTAN – WorldBusiness Capital, Inc. (WBC) announced the closing of a $15 million, 10-year commercial loan to Tengri Bank JSC (Tengri) of Kazakhstan. WBC’s loan is guaranteed by Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), the U.S. Government agency that helps American businesses invest in emerging markets. The financing will provide a stable, long-term funding base for Tengri to support the expansion of its small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) lending activities throughout Kazakhstan, with a focus on supporting businesses that are majority-owned or led by women.
- Tugende wins African Banker 2022 Financial Inclusion Award
- EarthSpark named “Sustainable Energy Initiative of the Year”
- India-Based Asirvad Microfinance Obtains $15 Million Loan from WBC to Support Rural Businesses
- DFC Achieves First Close of $100 Million Loan to WaterEquity’s Global Access Fund to Improve Access to Water and Sanitation
- Beyond Clichés – The Case of Feminist Electrification in Haiti