COLOMBO, SRI LANKA – WorldBusiness Capital, Inc. (WBC) announced the closing of $15 million, 10-year commercial loan to LOLC Micro Credit Limited (LOMC). The loan is guaranteed by Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), the U.S. Government agency that helps American businesses invest in emerging markets. The financing will be used to support LOMC’s expansion of its microfinance lending and leasing programs for underserved segments of the small business community in Sri Lanka.
- Tugende wins African Banker 2022 Financial Inclusion Award
- EarthSpark named “Sustainable Energy Initiative of the Year”
- India-Based Asirvad Microfinance Obtains $15 Million Loan from WBC to Support Rural Businesses
- DFC Achieves First Close of $100 Million Loan to WaterEquity’s Global Access Fund to Improve Access to Water and Sanitation
- Beyond Clichés – The Case of Feminist Electrification in Haiti